- Nuestra historia
- Estudiantes Internacionales
- Inscríbete Ahora
- Otros Servicios
Home country: Switzerland
How long have you been in Austin?
2.5 months so far but I will stay for 2 more.
What do you like about Austin? What do you recommend doing?
All the live music everywhere, the food, the weather and just how the people are: they love dogs and pets in general, they are fit, they are nice, they are weird If you are here during late spring/summer I would recommend to watch the bats, it’s really impressive to see. If you like burger I would definitely go to Hopdoddy’s, they are delicious and they serve great beer too. If you like chocolate and banana-go to bananarchy-I loved it… And of course you have to try the famous Blue Bell ice cream. There are so many things you can do in Austin. Just ask the stuff at ALLS what you can do, they are all so nice and will have some good ideas for you too.
What is the weirdest thing about American culture?
“How are you?” Isn’t a question, it’s more a “Hi”. Took me some time to get that Plus everyone is so nice and helpful. Swiss people should be more like that too. 😉
During your time in the US, where all have you been able to travel to? What was something fun you did in one of these places?
– New Orleans, Louisiana – if you have time to go on a swamp tour do it, they are great!
– Taos, New Mexico – go to the hot springs. Google it to find out where you can find them, so you can chill in the “natural bathtub”.
– Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado – sandboarding is just great
– If you want to experience the “real cowboy life” go on a ranch in Bandera, where you can do horseback riding, shooting, longhorn feeding, eating s’mores at the camp fire…
– Las Vegas-no words needed
– Dallas and Fort Worth
– San Antonio
– Padre Island
– Corpus Christi
What do you like most about ALLS?
The teachers and the staff. They are so nice and make you feel comfortable from the first day on. Also the classes are very small so you can benefit a lot and improve your language skills.
Do you have any favorite memories with the school?
There are so many! but when I had my birthday I didn’t think that anyone will know-but they did! Everyone did sing happy birthday and they wrote a sweet birthday card AND they organized delicious cookies form Tiff’s Treats-it was so great, thank you again for that special moment!:)